two roads

:: welcome to two roads :: two roads ::
[::..archive..::]
::07.10
::08.10
::09.10
::10.10
::11.10
::12.10
::01.11
::04.11
::06.11
[::..other sites..::]

:: Friday, July 23, 2010 :: Stranded Duck and Ducklings

While out, my mom found a mother duck and three ducklings stranded! They were hiding under the bushes - no doubt from the scorching heat - and the ducklings were wandering around. Unfortunately, my mom didn't have anything to catch the ducks with and feared the mother duck becoming protective and using her beak for attacks. Anyway, when we went back later, the ducks and ducklings were gone. I can only hope that some good samaritan rescued the poor ducks. There was a pond not more than 50 yards away...

Reminded me of a few years ago when my dad rescued a giant turtle that we found crawling along the side of the road. I am shocked that it was not run over. My dad scooped it into a bucket and we drove it to a pond area. Not knowing whether it was a land or sea turtle, we let it go on the grass near the water, allowing it to choose.

In completely unrelated news, I am looking forward to the first official all-site get together of the new school year this afternoon, followed by grilling and more fun at one of the teacher's houoses, followed by even more fun and the possibility of karaoke apparently.

That is all.

:: posted by diana.2:23 PM :: ::
Comments:

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
two roads diverged in a wood, and i--
i took the one less traveled by,
and that has made all the difference.